Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Amazing Power of The Chaplet of Divine Mercy

He knocked on my door in the middle of the night. The hospital called to say his mother was dying. She had been battling breast cancer. His mother was the best Madame in town, she ran a house of ill repute for the rich guys from miles around.


And everyone knew how she earned her wealth.

He was broken - mom was on her way to Hell for sure he thought. I told him we would see about that. I went in the ICU to see his mom. She was in a deep coma, so I took the precious time to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy at her bedside. Then I went back to pray with her son. We prayed the Chaplet of Divine Mercy together. I was compelled to go see his mom again. When I entered the room she woke up and was singing a camp meeting hymn "Love Lifted Me." She told me she had asked the Lord Jesus to forgive every one of her sins and she knew that the Lord loved her. I ran to go get her son to come right away. He heard his mother sing: "When nothing else could help - love lifted me." He realized the Lord had given a great mercy to his mother and he was there to see it. His mother died a few hours later. And I did her funeral service.

+
Fr. Joseph
Hospital Chaplain

Above article From:  http://www.rosaryworkshop.com/PRAYERdivinemercywitness.html

No comments: