Monday, January 3, 2011

Divine Mercy Diary on Being Merciful to those who are Difficult....


The Lord said to me, "It should be of no concern to you how anyone else acts; you are to be My living reflection, through love and mercy. I answered, "Lord, but they often take advantage of my goodness." "That makes no difference, My daughter. That is no concern of yours. As for you, be always merciful toward other people, and especially toward sinners." (1446)




 
Reflection:  As Christians we are called to love one another.  This is difficult especially when we are hurt by others.  It is only through prayer and willingness to forgive that we can work through these hurts and again learn to love others as Jesus loves.  I know myself how difficult it is especially when one feels let down by others.  But this is where virtue is tested and how it grows.  How difficult it must have been for those who suffered through war, persecutions or abuse of all kinds who still can manage to forgive.  But we can only do this uniting ourselves to Jesus and bringing these hurts to the Lord daily if we must.  If we continue in bitterness or harden our hearts we block the grace Jesus wants to give us, so let us begin by opening our wounded hearts to Christ and asking Him to help us.  One of the ways to help us in this is to thank God for His Goodness and Mercy and also to remember that we too have sinned. 
 
Lord Jesus, help us in our weakness and let us look towards You for healing and forgiveness.  Forgive me Lord for my own transgressions and help me to forgive those who hurt me.  Lord I am a sinner, help me not to be too concerned about the sins of others but help me to overlook them and see the good in others.  Help me to open my heart to Your Merciful Heart and so be a witness of Your great Mercy to others. 

No comments: