Sunday, January 9, 2011

Diary of St. Faustina on the Day of Justice...

St. Faustina writes: 
Today I heard the words: In the Old Covenant I sent prophets wielding thunderbolts to My people. Today I am sending you with My mercy to the people of the whole world. I do not want to punish aching mankind, but I desire to heal it, pressing it to My merciful Heart. I use punishment when they themselves force Me to do so; My hand is reluctant to take hold of the sword of justice. Before the Day of Justice I am sending the Day of Mercy. (1588)

Reflection:  Lord Jesus, help us to remember that life is short and that we as individuals will answer to You alone for our own sins when we die.  Help us to continue on the road of interior conversion each day and trust in Your Love and Mercy. 

No comments: