Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Diary of St. Faustina.....on feeling the Suffering of Others


Words from St. Faustina in her Diary

"I feel tremendous pain when I see the sufferings of my neighbours. All my neighbours' sufferings reverberate in my own heart; I carry their anguish in my heart in such a way that it even physically destroys me. I would like all their sorrows to fall upon me, in order to relieve my neighbour" (Diary, p. 365).


Reflection:  Lord help us not to forget the sufferings of others, especially those closest to us.  Help us to build a society of love and mercy and to show love even to those who treat us badly.  Lord help us to forgive ourselves for not loving those who suffer, and help us now to start again and ask for the gift of Your love so that we may share this great love with our fellow human beings. 

No comments: