Thursday, July 7, 2011

Diary of St. Faustina...on the Greatest Attribute of God

My daughter, imagine that you are the sovereign of all the world and have the power to dispose of all things according to your good pleasure. You have the power to do all the good you want, and suddenly a little child knocks on your door, all trembling and in tears and, trusting in your kindness, asks for a piece of bread lest he die of starvation. What would you do for this child? Answer Me, my daughter. And I said, "Jesus, I would give the child all it asked and a thousand times more." And the Lord said to me, That is how I am treating your soul. .... Bring your ear close to My Heart, forget everything else, and meditate upon my wondrous mercy. My love will give you the strength and courage you need in these matters.(229)


Proclaim that mercy is the greatest attribute of God. All the works of My hands are crowned with mercy. (301)

At that moment, Jesus suddenly stood before me, coming I know not where from, radiant with unbelievable beauty, clothed in a white garment, with uplifted arms, and He spoke these words to me, My daughter, your heart is My repose; it is My delight. I find in it everything that is refused Me by so many souls.......And an instant later, I saw nothing, but a whole ocean of consolations entered my soul. (339)

No comments: