Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Diary of St. Faustina - For Souls steeped in sin......

Conversation of Jesus with a Sinful Soul - Diary of St. Faustina

Soul: Lord, I doubt that You will pardon my numerous sins; my misery fills me with fright.


Jesus: My mercy is greater than your sins and those of the entire world. Who can measure the extent of my goodness? For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart. Your misery has disappeared in the depths of My mercy. Do not argue with Me about your wretchedness. You will give me pleasure if you hand over to me all your troubles and griefs. I shall heap upon you the treasures of My grace.

Reflection:  Lord Jesus, help us to realise the damage sin does to You and to our souls.  Your death on the Cross revealed how horrible sin is.  Help me to flee from temptation but even if I fall help me to rise again and trust in Your unfathomable Mercy which is always there for us.

No comments: