Sunday, January 23, 2011

Diary of St. Faustina on the Veneration of the Image in Churches...

"Tell the confessor that the Image is to be on view in the church and not within the enclosure in that convent. By means of this Image I shall be granting many graces to souls; so let every soul have access to it." (Diary, 570)

"I desire that this image be displayed in public on the first Sunday after Easter. That Sunday is the Feast of Mercy. Through the Word Incarnate I make known the bottomless depth of My mercy." (Diary, 88)

"On Good Friday, at three o'clock in the afternoon, when I entered the chapel, I heard these words: I desire that the image be publicly honored. Then I saw the Lord Jesus dying on the Cross amidst great suffering, and out of the Heart of Jesus came the same two rays as are in the image." (Diary, 414)

Reflection:  In many Churches around the world, we now see the Divine Mercy Image displayed.  If your Parish Church does not display the Image, perhaps you can ask your Parish Priest if he would like one and offer to donate one yourself or with the help of others.  Remember the words of Jesus and also remember to be obedient and gracious to the Parish Priest if he refuses.  
 

No comments: